Когда я впервые посмотрела короткометражный фильм «Цирк бабочек» с Ником Вуйчичем в главной роли, помню подумала тогда — «Как люди, восклицающие «у меня нет квартиры, машины, денег или там чего-то еще из материальных благ» могут вообще считать, что у них проблемы?
У Ника Вуйчича нет рук и ног, но, несмотря на это, он наслаждается жизнью, ценит каждую минуту, берет от жизни все, что может вопреки всему.
Фильм «Цирк бабочек» — история об истинной вере и большой человеческой любви и настоящих чувствах! Это живой, яркий, образный фильм, который не оставит никого равнодушным!
Ключевые фразы фильма:
- You can be different
- You can do whatever you want!
- You do have an advantage. The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.
- You can do anything…
The Butterfly Circus
- Hey look! Can we go there?
- Ah…Sammy, you’re breaking my heart. We’re all the circus you need, kid.
- But they have rides. Can we, Mr. Mendez?
- Why not?
- Let’s go…
- OK boys, time to get me a date with the bearded lady. Who’s with me?
- Great witches. Come. Sit down. I tell you all about your fate. Great witches.Come.
- I’m going to come and get you now. I’m going to get you if I can.
- Come on in, ladies and gentlemen, we have the best freak show in town. Step right on in. Come on in ladies and gentlemen. We have Lady Lalu! Come on in, ladies and gentlemen, come on in. We have the best show in town.Come on in, come on in!
- She’s a woman of extraordinary weight. She has a huge appetite. For whole chickens. Now, down this way. The painted man. His world travels can be seen on every inch of his body — from head to toe. And now… ladies and gentlemen, gather in! A perversion of nature! A man. If you could even call him that. Whom God himself has turned his back upon. I give you…The Limbless Man!
- Oh… will you look at that.
- So sad.
- Look at him.
- Move along, kids.
- You are…magnificent.
- Hey, get away from him.
- What’s the matter with you?
- It’s alright. No harm in it. My fault. Maybe I got a little too close, ‘ey friend?
Have a good evening, now.
- You’d better get a hold of yourself before the next show, gimp.
- Real nice, Will. Seems you changed your mind about joining one of them fancy shows.
- What are you saying?
- Don’t you know nothing? That was Mendez. You just spit on the Showman! from the Butterfly Circus. Butterfly…butterfly…You kill me, Will! I’m hungry. I’m going to get me some cotton candy.
- A man — if you can call him that — whom God himself has turned his back upon. The Limbless man!
- Muy bien. (spanish)
- Good Morning. Buenos dias.
- Buenos dias indeed!
- May I have this dance? Thank you so much.
- Would you get my trunk? It’s so heavy.
- But it’s easier for you, because you’re so strong.
- Ah! There’s a dead man in the truck
- Well, now. Look at this!!! This is wonderful!
- Come on over by the fire and warm up a bit, little man.
- I’m Sammy. What’s your name?
- I’m Will.
- Where are your arms and legs?
- What, mama?
- Is he going to be in our circus now?
- Um…maybe I will.
- Hold on a minute. We don’t have a side show here.
- What do you mean? Every circus has one. People come from all over the place to see us.
- And why do they come, Will?
- But…but yours could be different
- No. There is nothing inspiring about amazing perfections on display. See, Will. We’re happier here. And you can stay as long as you like. But I do run a different show.
- And now, one of the greatest displays of human contortion ever see
It is my pleasure to introduce…Anna! Queen of the air! And the strongest man you’ll ever see.The Master of the flying trapeze and the oldest performer in the air — Pappy!
- See you at the fairgrounds. Two days only… Come on by. Butterfly Circus. Two days only.
- How do (you do)? My boy here would sure like to say hello to the strongest man in town!
- Well, I’m sure your daddy’s stronger, but I’d make a close second!
- Wow! Are you in the show too, mister?
- Not exactly…
- We’d best be going now. Thank you kindly.
- You bet
- Wow! Did you see that, Dad? I’m going to be the strongest man in the world someday. I’ll be just like that man. I’ll lift anything I want!
- Yeah, boy. You can do whatever you want!
- Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys! What this world needs is a little wonder.
- Look mama, tickets!
- Splendid, isn’t it? The way they move, full of strength. Color and grace. They’re astounding. But you? Cursed from birth. A man — if you can call him that -whom God himself turned his back upon.
- Stop it! Why would you say that?
- Because, you…believe it. But if you could only see the beauty that can come from flashes.
- I say, they let you go too soon.
- Good luck out there. It’s your problem now. You’re no good to me, so get out!
- You’re good enough for me, doll face. Here you go.
- But they’re different from me.
- Yes. You do have an advantage. The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.
- I can’t find my caterpillar. Where is he?
- He’s right there. In the cocoon, see. He’ll be fine. You won’t even recognize him when he comes out.
- Oh! Wow!
- Hey! Hey, George! Poppy! I need help to cross. Can anyone help me? Hey, George! Can you help me? Hey, where are you going? What’s the matter with you? Leave me here?
- I think you’ll manage.
- What? You guess I’ll just magically get up, huh?
- George, Poppy! How’s the water?
- Time for a swim.
- Look! Hey!!!
- Hey Will, are you coming in? Will? Hey, I think Will fell in!
- Will… Will… Will?
- Look… I can swim! I can swim.
- You look like a barrel of moonshine.
- Come here you!
- Your eyes will witness this fine evening …our bravest soul… as he cheats death…by ascending 50 feet into the air… and leaping into this pool of water.
- Let’s go see what he has to say.
- Thank you.
- Wow! How did you do that, mister? Were you scared?
- It was so high!
- Sweetie, you can do anything…
- Did it hurt when you hit the water?
- There it goes, Sammy!
Фильм впечатляет, не правда ли?
Судьба главного героя — Вилла — еще раз напоминает нам, что единственное ограничение — то, которое мы сами себе ставим!
You do have an advantage!